Get your 80G Act certificate in Mumbai to enjoy tax benefits in your NGO
Starting at just Rs 39,999/-
Expert support by Chartered Accountants
80G is a certificate that exempts you part or fully from paying taxes, if you have made donations to charitable trusts or section 8 company or organizations that are registered to offer you exemptions from taxes. For e.g. A charitable organization or trust registered under section 12 A, allows you to avail tax exemption under section 80G. There is however a maximum allowable deduction criteria. The criterion is if the aggregate of the amount you donate exceeds 10% of the total gross income, then the excess amount will not qualify for tax benefit.
Who can avail tax savings under 80G?
1. A person who makes an eligible donation is entitled to avail tax exemption under 80 G.
2. Donations made to listed trust and organizations only qualify for deduction u/s 80G
Who cannot avail tax savings under section 80G?
1. If a donation is made to a foreign trust you cannot qualify for tax savings under section 80G.
2. If donations have been made too one or more political parties you cannot avail or claim deduction for such donations. Deductions cannot be claimed even for printing or publishing of brochures, flyers and pamphlets
3. Donations by NRI if made to eligible institutions and trusts also qualify for tax exemption under section 80G.
4. If donation is made from salary and if the donation receipt carries the name of the employer then employees can claim deduction under section 80G
Percentage of Deduction under Section 80G
1. Payments made to Prime minister relief fund is eligible for 100% deduction u/s 80G without any limit.
2. Deductions made to trusts like “Indira Gandhi memorial trust” is eligible for 50% deduction without any limit.
3. An approved institution i.e. institutions promoting and encouraging family planning is eligible for 100% exemption u/s 80G.
4. Any charitable trust that falls under the list is eligible for 50% deduction u/s 80G.
1. The application can only be made by a public charitable trust, registered society, recognized educational institution or an institution funded by the Government.
2. The trust/institution applying for the certificate must be duly registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860; or Section 25 of the Companies Act; or any other relevant Acts.
3. Applicants of the certificate must not represent any religion based or caste and creeds based activity.
4. The respective trust/institution should only utilize the donated funds for charitable purposes.
5. The registered trust/institution should not hold any income which is not exempted.
6. Entity’s pursuing any other businesses are required to maintain a separate account, so that the donations received are not confused with savings of any other kind.
7. The applicant should have maintained the appropriate annual returns, accounting and book keeping before applying for the certificate.
8. The recipient of the certificate must ensure the timely renewal of certificates, so as to receive the eligible tax benefits.
Registration under section 12A is one-time registration. Once the registration is granted to the trust, it will hold good till the cancellation. There are no criteria for renewal of the registration.
The 80 G not only offer benefits to the donors with the tax exemption on the amount donated but also give tax benefits to the organization.
All the non-profit organizations which issued 80G and 12A certificates will receive various grants from the government. They are eligible for receiving funding from the donors and other agencies.
Details of the members of the NGO
Copy of the PAN card of the NGO
Copy details of the activities performed in the NGO
Copy of the inspection account last 3 years
Copy of the registration certificate of the NGO by law
Well with highly qualified professionals in our team along with the technology gives edge over others, as a result highly rated professional services with full customer satisfaction is assured. We help to grow and manage your business letting you to concentrate on your business.
“Prompt, courteous and competent. We are confident in KSHITIJ GROUP SERVICES, which is why there is longevity in the client relation”. Mr. Shashank Ghosalkar
Focus Facility Services Pvt Ltd
“Great personal services at a fair price. I always feel that they are looking out for our best interest.”. Mrs. Aarti Mishra
White Feather Facility Services Pvt Ltd
“KSHITIJ Group people believe in approaching challenges head on and when these challenges relate to Statutory Compliances, we relish the opportunity to innovate solutions.” Mr. Subrodh
Ramaicca India Ltd